Lidl has a clear vision of their future in Belgium. They have one main goal: become the number one brand in retail. Lidl targets young and old and encourages them to develop a conscious buying behaviour. They want to communicate with them on the importance of a balanced lifestyle. Lidl stands for simplicity, fairness and responsibility. Their customers are their main focus and they are passionate about the food industry.
- Biggest retailer in europe
- 30 countries
- ± 10.000 stores
- ± 350.000 employees
Lidl was looking for a reliable partner with the right inhouse expertise who could create and design unique content for their culinary magazine. They asked to critically analyse the existing magazine while still looking at the Lidl branding and everything they stand for. The content of the magazine must contain the Lidl products as well as Lidl branding.
EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED
and whenever possible, be the unexpected
We created a clear content strategy based on their needs. We want them to exceed expectations and not just focus on the “cooking” but really consider the daily needs of their customers. Lidl needs to offer content for every season with a focus on familyproof solutions. They need to offer ideas and recepies that are achievable and affordable. We want customers to turn to Lidl for help in their daily activities. We created a strategy but also executed this strategy into a brand new magazine (link issuu) considering budget and timing. We produced the complete magazine from copywriting to design and visual production.
For this strategy we focussed on the key word of their existance:
- Real products for real people
- Exceeding needs and generate fun and creativity
- Simple, achievable and affordable
- How to connect people?
Lidl needs to
- Inspire people: open their eyes and show them the possibilities for a creative, funny and healthy lifestyle with Lidl.
- Surprise people: expect the unexpected.
- Connect people: bring them together trough food, cooking and shopping. Let them recommend the recipies to their friends.
- Help people: help people organise their daily activities and give them creative solutions in an affordable and achievable way.
Can’t wait to see how the magazine turned out? Click here for the full spring 2020 edition.